I started GraphicsGrove in 2014 with the idea that I wanted to make websites for small businesses. And that’s what I’ve mostly done since.
There’s much to be said about what process works best for website design and in my experience it pays to be flexible in your approach as each project has its own challenges.
Generally the workflow exists out of several steps that can (and usually will) intertwine along the way.
- Understanding the project: research and analysis
- Structuring the project: wireframes and content outline
- Finding a style: mock-ups, style guide and/or HTML prototypes
- Development: building functionalities, WordPress templates, blocks & patterns
- Pre-launch: polishing details, security & speed optimization, and website usage training
Hi, I’m Eva Brarens, and I’m a freelance web designer and developer from Antwerp, Belgium.
I’m a philosophy student turned self-taught web designer who enjoys comics, reading, drawing and gardening (exciting, I know). Currently I’m also pursuing a bachelor in psychology.
I co-founded the women.code(be) community 👩🏾👱🏻♀️👩🏽🦳 for women who code in Belgium.
I share anything web related on Twitter 🐤, and once in a blue moon I resurface on LinkedIn 👩💻, feel free to connect with me there!